Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Surprise, surprise, my blogs got good PR!




Me and two of my friends were at Petronas Kafe Corner, which we used to meet and chit chat. But the place is different now and it has no more internet access for the customers. As bloggers,the PageRank issue became a major topic of our discussion .

It seems like an angry headmaster with a big cane is on a rampage because some naughty students
are up to some no good pranks. And it's got something to do with paid links.

Google has openly forewarned that there might be a crackdown on paid links like Text Link Ads and PayPerPost,
so it has come true.

More reports are coming in about blogs getting the PR chop. PR6 blogs are demoted to PR5. PR4 down to PR3 and so on.

The high-profile site The Stanford Daily took a big dive from PR9 to PR7 and to PR5. Some well-known blogs that also got hit are JohnChow.com,
Entrepreneur's Journey and Niche Marketing Blog.

Every webmaster wants to see good PageRank because a high PR does bring along many advantages, including raising your position in the SERPs.

For the internet newbiz like me, frankly I am not so concerned about the Google pagerank. But it was very encouraging being a blogger to have a good Google pagerank. At least someones recognise you. To my surprise, my Golden Opportunitie$ blog was suddenly upgraded from PR0 to PR4.

My VisualLens ( WordPress photography blog ) site also surprised me by attaining a PR3. I only started this blog just less than three and a half months ago and now it has a total of 6160 visitors as I write this post.

My other blog, OnlineHomeBiz, with few postings has PR1.

No comments: